Fall Home Ready
Mid September means you’re decorating for fall. The leaves are changing. You’ve likely worn your booties with a pair of cuffed skinny jeans. You need to get your home spruced for the season too. Here are a few looks that will get you going.
1. Pumpkins. Obviously. Traditional orange is beautiful. Pair it with chunky, bumpy, knobby oversized squashes and you have a lovely autumn display. Or go farmhouse with white pumpkins. These are beautiful too. Mix the whites with varied wooden and plant textures to add some definition.
2. Mums are fall’s flower of choice. Mix and match oversized pots of white, orange, yellow, or deep burgundy. These are perfect for mailbox flower boxes or layered along porch steps. They’re only good to grow during this cooler season so enjoy them while you can!
3. Blankets. Bring out all the soft, cozy quilts. Even better if they’re plaid, tartan, or leopard. Lay one across a front porch swing.
Add some to your living room stack.
4. Lettered Signs. Spell out your excitement for the season. If you’re crafty, try a wooden chalkboard that you change out seasonal messages on. Or pick up a sign that will that through your fall décor with a message like: gather or give thanks.
5. Rustic Wood. Wood adds all the charm to any autumn setting. Try mixing and matching thrifted wooden frames.
Add a pumpkin in the center. Frame your seasonal sign. Use unfinished or white painted frames to keep it neutral and versatile.
6. Pillows. Think of anything that will cozy up the space. The cooler temps make us want to snuggle up. Adding pillows in fall colors of burgundy, orange, and yellow or in warm textures and prints will add the finishing touch.
The great thing about these fall home looks is that you can find pieces for hardly nothing. Shop yard sales, thrift stores, and even dollar stores to find a few bright staples to get the seasonal sampling you need.