10 Simple Ideas for DIY Halloween Pails
Halloween will soon be here! We recently shared all sorts of ideas for inexpensive and easy to make Halloween costumes for kids. Of course, they’ll also need a Halloween pail to hold all those yummy treats they’ll get while trick-or-treating.
As my boys would say, Halloween only comes once a year… And do they ever look forward to it. One year, we created a festive “lasagna bucket” to go with a Garfield costume. They’ve used a pillowcase more often than not, though; I’ll admit, it’s easy and does a good job at holding the goods.
While you could certainly pick up a Halloween bucket just about anywhere, it’s even better when you can make something with your kids to celebrate this spooky time of year. It doesn’t have to cost a lot; in fact, you may find you can re-purpose items for said Halloween pail. It’s a great way to have a li’l fun before the big day.
Here are a few ideas for DIY Halloween Pails, some of which you can make with your kids, to hold all those scrumptious treats.
1. Make a simple re-usable Jack O Lantern Trick-or-Treat Bag with this tutorial from Creative Green Living.
2. Don’t you just love this Light-up Trick or Treat Pail from Cute as a Fox? This is one of my favorites because it lights up, which means kids are more visible at night.
3. Where the Smiles Have Been shares how to Make a Fun Skeleton Trick-or-Treat Bag that Glows in the Dark. It can even be personalized!
4. Make Miss Spider, Not So Wicked Witch, or Itsy Bitsy Spider Trick or Treat Halloween Buckets with Uncommon Designs.
5. Duct tape makes the cutest DIY Halloween Treat Buckets with this tutorial from DIY Candy. Kids can even design their own!
6. Get smaller kids involved in this one. Make an adorably Spooky Eyeball Bucket with Crafts by Amanda.
7. Short on time and need a last minute solution? Make a 5 Minute Trick or Treat Duck Tape Bag, with this tutorial from ChicaCircle.
8. Got an empty cereal box? Artsy Momma shares how to make an adorable Black Cat Cereal Box Purse that could even double as a Halloween treat bucket.
9. Craft Bits shares how it can be as simple as a white bag and a Sharpie with these Sharpie Ghosts Halloween Treat Bags.
10. Turn an ordinary treat bucket into a Plastic Trick or Treat Pumpkin Mummy with DIY Inspired. So cute!
Happy Halloween to you and yours!