These are so cute and so easy your kids can make them without a lot of help. There are lots of variations on the ingredients but here is my list:
1) Chocolate flavored almond bark 2) Chow Mein noodles 3) Peanut M&Ms or jelly beans
My favorite part about this is there is NO MESS, because it's supposed to be messy!
1. Put half a bag of noodles in a large bowl. Melt 3-4 squares of the almond bark in your microwave until smooth. Pour chocolate on noodles and let kids use a large spoon to cover the noodles.
2. Place a piece of aluminum foil or wax paper on a cookie sheet. Use a clean spoon to make nests on a cookie sheet. I have used a muffin tin before for "shaped" nests, but it's not necessary and clean up is easier on a cookie sheet. The hardened nests will lift off easily.
3. Place 3 M&Ms (or jelly beans) on the nests while the chocolate is still warm. They should stick a little.
4) Repeat steps 1-3 to use the rest of your ingredients.
They will harden and set within a few minutes, so you will want to have your cookie sheet out and ready while the kids are stirring the chocolate on the noodles.
As soon as you are done with the bowl you melted the chocolate in, rinse and clean it with warm water. If it hardens, you'll need to re-heat it to get it clean.
After the candy nests harden you can store them in a tupperware on top of the refrigerator so you'll have some left for Easter.